Photo by Orla
It is officially here!! Our second Steampunk Short Story Contest. The first contest was a great success and a fantastic way to launch my blog. Since it was so much fun, I think it's time for another! There's nothing better than a short story to get your creativity going.
Though the first contest didn't have any sort of theme, this time around, I'd like to try for one, and since I write steampunk romance and I'm evil, you guessed it! Now, I can already picture all the guys cringing, but WAIT! I'll make this easy for everyone... it just has to be a hint of romance, not necessarily the theme of the story. Hell, I'd even settle for a simple sultry look in another's direction or a bit of chemistry or flirting between two characters (or three!), and have that be the entirety of the romance. I'm an easy girl to please. If you want to take it to the other extreme and submit steampunk erotica, I'm game for that too.
So hear are the rules:
* All entries must be emailed and received by Dec. 28th, 8 am EST. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Your story must be original, and have a MAXIMUM of 1000 words.
* There must be steampunk elements and also a romantic element, though I'll be a bit more lax on the latter (see above).
* Entries will be posted so that readers can vote on them. The winner will be the entry with the most votes.
* There will be a prize. I have no idea what it will be, though I am open to suggestions (and no, I'm afraid it is not in my budget to steampunk your house or car if you win).
So there you have it. I think I've covered everything, however feel free to comment or email with any questions. Can't wait!