Friday, May 6, 2011

The International Steampunk City



Last year, I attended the first annual steampunk event at the Charles River Museum of Industry and Innovation in Waltham, MA and had a fantastic time.  Well, this year is promising to be an even bigger extravaganza with the event spilling out into the streets and taking over a section of the city.

The International Steampunk City will take place this weekend, May 7th and 8th on Moody Street, Waltham, MA and once again at the Charles River Museum.  There's a full schedule of events, and it looks like it'll be great time.

Of course, I'll do a follow up post with pictures, and if anyone is going and would like to meet up, just let me know! 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy! I'll come back to see the pictures.

Jemi Fraser said...

That sounds so cool! I really wish I lived a whole lot closer!! Can't wait to see the pics - have fun!

Cali MacKay said...

Thanks, Medeia! Hopefully I'll have them posted next week.

Jemi, more and more steampunk events are popping up. Hopefully there will be one close to you before long. : )

Tribal Gothic said...

Very Nice - Thanks for Posting !

Cali MacKay said...

Thanks, Tribal! It was a great time. I'll post pics soon!

Sarah Allen said...

Sounds awesome! Looking forward to the pics.

Sarah Allen
(my creative writing blog)

Unknown said...

Love steampunk! Can't wait for you to share...

Cat Woods said...

I hope you had a wonderful time, Cali. Looking forward to the pictures...when you get the time between all your projects!

Cali MacKay said...

Rachel and Cat, thanks for stopping by! I should have those up over the next few days. It was a great time. Even had the chance to meet up with some other writers. : )

Winfield H. Strock III said...

I'm going to be at The Great Steampunk Exhibition in Fitchburg Mass in mid-September. Maybe I'll see you there? My first novel, Adventures Above the Aether released via Amazon August 12.

Cali MacKay said...

Winfield, I will indeed be going! Best of luck with your novel. I'll be sure to check it out!!