Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Little Bird Twittered Outside My Window Calling Me With His Sweet Song

I guess it had to happen sooner or later, and I'll admit I had been trying to avoid the fact that it even existed, knowing it would only offer another distraction in a world filled with many. But when a friend decided he would try a new style of writing using the ever popular site, I cringed as I read his request for others to join him, knowing I could no longer avoid the inevitable.

I speak of course of twitter. His proposal was a simple one. Write within the constraints of 140 keystrokes, no abbreviations allowed. Flash fiction, prose, non-fiction. Just write.

And I must confess, I have found it delicious to write something so confining.

So will you join me and my friend, Maxwell Cynn? This is a call to all the writers out there. One hundred and forty sweet little keystrokes. Do you think you can do it?

***

No comments: