Monday, July 13, 2009

The Steampunk Short Story Contest is Here!

We are officially open to submissions!

Email me your submissions, cut and pasted into the body of the email, to asteampunkreverie@gmail.com . I will not open any attatchements.

*It should be no longer than 700 words.

*It can be part of a larger story, as long as it's a complete story within itself. I don't mind if it's been published on other sites, but please, nothing that's been officially published in print.

*For this first contest I will not pick a topic, other than it should be steampunk.

Submissions will close Monday, July 27th, 8:00 AM, EST. That gives you just under two weeks. Once submissions close, I'll post them anonymously along with a poll so that everyone can vote. The author's name will be posted once the contest ends along with the results.

I think for this first contest, we should have a small prize, since I came across this cool brass etched pin on Etsy. It's not much, but something nonetheless.


Please let me know if you run into any glitches. Happy writing!!

***

No comments: